2018 Shad Season is here!

2018 Shad Season!


Little Bro with a shad from 2017 season


This is always an exciting time of the year for me as the shad run has begun in my home town. There's lots of energy in the air as this was a long winter in New England and folks were waiting patiently for this local treasure to swim back to its home waters.

I was fortunate enough to have missed the harsh winter, while living in Florida. But I have lots of plans to be up in New England, so I expect to do plenty of fishing.


Want to learn how to chase shad with the fly rod? Take a look at information and opportunities below

Article and Ebook

For those interested in chasing shad with the fly rod, take a look at this article I have written with link below. It covers the core elements of my ebook that I written to introduce anglers to this amazing shad fishery.

https://flyfishingshad.blogspot.com/2017/03/fly-fishing-for-american-shad-basics.html



Nutmeg TU Shad Presentation

I will be presenting at the NutMeg TU Chapter on 5/15 on the shad fishery.

-Admission is free and  event is open to the public.

More information on this link - https://www.fishingwithsonny.com/upcoming-events


Guide Service

I will be available for guiding opportunities mainly on the weekends, reach out if you want to learn about this fishery and secure a date with the shad.


Tight lines,

Sonny

Facebook page: Fishing with Sonny
Facebook group: Fly Fishing for American Shad
Instagram: Flyfishersonny
Email: yusonny59 @ gmail.com

Website: www.fishingwithsonny.com

Comments