The Annual Shad Run

Shad on the fly rod


What a great start to the annual shad run! Frank and I had the opportunity to share the river with many fellow anglers. Both of us had a great day of shad fishing with our fly rods. We hooked into many aggressive shad that are on their way to spawn. Overall, I landed 19 fish. Several of which were females which produces nonstop head shakes and few others that jumped like a tarpon.

The rivers were certainly crowded which I am happy to see since it means this annual tradition is alive and well. If you are interested in learning how to fly fish for American Shad, let me know. I have written an eBook that have all the information you need to know on chasing them with a fly rod or book a guided session with me and I'll teach you on the water.

Tight lines,
Sonny

Comments