Fly Gear Review: Redington Voyant 10wt Fly Rod

Updated 8/27


Recently, I purchased the 10wt Redington Voyant fly rod for targeting saltwater gamefish in Florida. After a few outings, I can say I am very pleased with the performance of the rod and how well it casted big flies/heavy flies during windy conditions. With it being discontinued, many fly shops are selling them at a discount, so get them while they last!

Below are my opinions of the rod, I kept it short and simple. Comment if you have any specific questions.


Pros:
1) Fast action rod which makes casting in windy conditions much easier
2) 2 big stripping guides which lowers the chances of your line getting caught in the guides
3) Very nice cork handle
4) Alignment dots on each section for easy rigging
5) Affordable price

Cons:
1) The hook keep on the rod is a bit annoying, Sometimes the line can get wrapped around it.


Comments